Grounds of Valor is a veteran owned and operated, Roast to Order coffee company. A portion of all proceeds from our sales will be apportioned to support the mission of Guardian of Valor, our sister company committed to keeping thieves of valor held accountable. Grounds of Valor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities for veterans, and especially disabled veterans. Each Grounds of Valor coffee bag will feature an American battle story, highlighting the vast spectrum of Valor and heroism of our true American Patriots! As you drink your cup of Grounds of Valor coffee, rejoice in the stories of those who have fought and sacrificed for our great nation, and pay tribute to those who lay the foundation for our freedoms as we know them today.
Our Core Values: Our values differ not from our values when we served.
- Loyalty. Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Company, and most importantly your fellow Veterans
- Duty. Fulfill your obligations. Doing your duty means more than carrying out your assigned tasks. Duty means being able to accomplish tasks as part of a team.
- Respect. Respect all employees, superiors and customers alike. Treat people as they should be treated. In the Soldier’s Code, we pledge to “treat others with dignity and respect while expecting others to do the same.” Respect is what allows us to appreciate the best in other people. Respect is trusting that all people have done their jobs and fulfilled their duty. And self-respect is a vital ingredient with the value of respect, which results from knowing you have put forth your best effort. We are one team and each of us has something to contribute.
- Selfless Service. With our company, you will be part of something more than yourself. The basic building block of selfless service is the commitment of each team member to go a little further, endure a little longer, and look a little closer to see how he or she can add to the effort.
- Honor. Honor is a matter of carrying out, acting, and living the values of respect, duty, loyalty, selfless service, integrity and personal courage in everything you do.
- Integrity. Integrity is what all the others are built on. Integrity is paramount in our community. Do what’s right, legally and morally. Integrity is a quality you develop by adhering to moral principles. It requires that you do and say nothing that deceives others. As your integrity grows, so does the trust others place in you. The more choices you make based on integrity, the more this highly prized value will affect your relationships with family and friends, and, finally, the fundamental acceptance of yourself. In essence, integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.
- Personal Courage. Personal courage has long been associated with our Army. With physical courage, it is a matter of enduring physical duress and at times risking personal safety. Facing moral fear or adversity may be a long, slow process of continuing forward on the right path, especially if taking those actions is not popular with others. You can build your personal courage by daily standing up for and acting upon the things that you know are honorable.
- To improve the lives of American Veterans by providing job opportunities to those who would otherwise be unemployed due to service-related disabilities.
- To support and improve the communities that we serve in positive and productive ways.
- To eventually open brick and mortar coffee shops where our Veterans can come and have coffee with a little bit of history on the walls.
- To create a grant system whereas we can help Veterans in Transition, as this is one thing I struggled with. Especially if it is a medical discharge.
We are coffee with a purpose. Ensuring the future of military heritage is as pure as what has been handed down to us. This generation is but stewards of Valley Forge, Bellau Wood, Iwo Jima , Chosin, Khe San, Fallujuah and beyond.
Stolen Valor matters because the fallen demand it. Not for themselves, but for the valor that has gone before them and valor that is to come. Click here To find out more about Guardian of Valor.
More about us on CBS This Morning: